DISCLAIMER: The following is not meant to endorse any racist or offensive behaviour ever.
Recently I came across some articles of a well-know multiplayer videogame, where it is possible to read that a lot of players from other countries have become exasperated with the presence on their regional servers of people coming from a particular abroad region. Leaving aside all the rants about cheaters/hackers, I would like to ask about another aspect of the fact: while I do realize that teamplay with people who cannot even speak English (I'm no English-speaker native speaker either) can be very hard and sometimes frustrating, I also do realize that it's a videogame, therefore I mostly let these guys have their fun.
- I'm talking about team games
- It is possible to not let people in and fill empty team slots, but these non-English-speakers leave the team open anyway
- No communication leads to a somewhat frustrating game for everyone
- Having less people in your team than the other makes the game much more difficult
- It is very possible that them not speaking English is a cultural problem (not being able to attend to a language course for example)
- They join a regional server, whose region is far from theirs
How can I make them aware that the presence of people not speaking an international language results in a worse experience?