I have codependent behavior, which means that I tend to get too attached to someone. Wikipedia does a better job at explaining what it is.
I have a girl I fancy a lot and she likely will be my girlfriend in the future. While I really like her, I also tend to get over attached which is typical for codependent behavior. While it is not a problem at this very moment, I know it will be in the near future. I know this because it broke my previous relationships. I want to avoid starting it in a bad way, because this will eventually result in a relationship that is on the verge of breaking. Therefore I think it is important to discuss that I have codependent behavior.
How to discuss that I have codependent behavior?
- Create a better understanding of what codependence is.
- I want to convey that I'm working on it, however that this is something she needs to keep in mind (so she can say it when she thinks I'm overdependent).
- I want to make sure it will be a healthy future relationship.
- I do not make it an excuse for my behavior, I want to discuss it so I can improve.
- I flagged it for relationship, because it is likely that this girl will be a future partner.