I go to dance classes run by one group and we have a common facebook chat to suggest bars to go to that play suitable music. We've talked about how we need to support venues by inviting non-dance friends and having dinner there.
One of my friends added a guy who now wants to run dance classes from the bar separate from the original group.
I have issues with this as
- There is peer pressure to join his dance class on a regular basis.
- He acts like we owe him something.
- Other dance events come up at the same time as his class - the purpose of the chat is to promote all events not just his.
one of the ladies has pointed out that their partner is busy at that time. Which he can't really argue with.
Are there similar arguments I could make to
- Say I'm not interested in his class
- Suggest events that are on at the same time
Is that a good idea?
This question is as much about having a "ready to go" answer should this come up again as it is about the current situation.