There are lots of ways to let people know that your birthday is coming up or is occurring. I'm a big fan of birthdays, regardless of their importance. My son's first birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks and I'm already telling people about it.
If it's upcoming, talk about your plans or what you're excited about/dreading. Everyone loves talking about milestone birthdays and celebrating new achievements or commiserating about growing old.
- I'm turning 16 on Friday - I can't wait to get my license.
- Don't expect me at work on Friday. Thursday is my 21st birthday and I can't wait to go to this bar I've been hearing about for years.
- Oh god, I'm turning 50 on Sunday. My kids are planning to send me to a farm upstate next year.
- I'm going to Disney World for my 30th birthday over the weekend. My parents are treating me!
Alternately, ask people when their birthday is... usually they'll ask you when yours is and you can tell them. If they don't really care, they likely won't ask... so you're not forcing the information on them.
If it's today, do things that encourage people to ask why you're doing something different.
- Dress up.
- Wear a party hat or tiara or a birthday button. Have fun with it.
- Wear nicer clothing than you usually do. Often people will ask "why are you so dressy today?"
- Spread the cheer.
- Decorate your space. Nothing says "Birthday" like balloons and streamers... or tombstones.
- Bring treats and use "Happy Birthday" plates.
- Bring extra hats/tiaras for everyone.
- Send yourself birthday flowers (or see if a loved one will send you some at work).
If you really want to share the information with other people, there are a myriad of ways. Heck, I bet even asking this question made some people wonder when your birthday is... So, I'm going to go out on a limb and say
Happy Birthday, Emrakul... whenever it is. I hope you have an amazing day!