About 3 years ago when I broke up with my ex over text it ended with him sending a text that read "Please don't ever talk to me again"
So I haven't seen or contacted him since.
A week after breaking up he texted me something along the lines of "I haven't slept or eaten anything for days and I miss you so much". I didn't reply. A month later he mailed a package containing gifts for me and books that I had lent to him. In the following few months he sent about 10 more texts of similar content. I didn't reply to any of them. A year later he sent a text asking me to return a birthday gift he gave to me. I didn't reply and began blocking his number.
Two years later he sent me a very long Facebook message. I didn't read the whole thing because it was very lengthy but the content went along the lines of "You hurt me/Our relationship wasn't working and I knew that but I still wanted it/You made me feel alive and took that away from me/etc."
A while back my friend was inquiring about my situation with my ex and she reprehended me saying that I was being abusive towards him by ignoring all of this messages. I told her that I didn't think his well being was my business and that I was respecting his request of "Please don't ever talk to me again" (Even though I very well know that his attempts at contacting me indicate that he does want contact and that the "Please don't ever talk to me again" is an excuse for me not to reply). She said that I was very cold and mean.
I currently continue to ignore any messages and attempts of contact from him. His phone number is blocked but he can contact me via social media and other means. He often deletes and creates new social media accounts.
What I want:
- My ex to not contact me anymore (Ideally I don't ever want to talk to him again but I understand that I may have to in order to get this.)
- To not have my ex in my life (I don't want to be friends or to keep in touch)
- For my friends to not think ill of me based on this situation
- I don't think he is dangerous and he has not attempted to contact me in person- it's just annoying to me at this point
- EDIT: To answer a question- My ex and I do not share mutual friends and they do not know each other