My teenage son has sent out an e-vite (online invitation service) for his birthday party at a one of those bowling/laser tag/multi-activity places. He’s extremely excited about the event, but concerned he’s only received 12/25 responses, and wants to send an e-vite reminder message.
I think it may be too soon to send a reminder, but I don’t know much about party etiquette. My question is, whats the appropriate time to wait before re-sending an RSVP request for an event, especially a birthday like this?
In case it’s helpful, some details are:
- Original electronic invitation was sent about 3 1/2 days ago
- Precisely, it was sent on a Friday at 10:30pm, and it’s now 1:30pm the following Monday. (i know, a little late at night)
- The party starts in 4 days, at 6:30pm
- Response rate is ~50% so far, 12/25.
- Did I mention he’s excited and would love to have as many guests as possible?
Any advice or rule of thumb would be appreciated. And sure, I can probably get you an invite if you’ll be in Dallas, in case you were wondering.
There are no logistical limitations to how many people will attend so it’s more wanting to maximize attendance rather than any functional requirement.