I have a platonic crush on a person I first met through a group interview for voluntary work at an organisation. In the interview, I found out their name and after knowing a little more about them through their answers to the panel's questions, I found them a very interesting character and developed a platonic crush on them. However, I did not have time approach them after the interview due to some administrative work I had to do while they could leave the interview venue.
It has been a little over 3 months now since the interview and both of us are accepted to do volunteer work at the organisation (I know about this as I have seen them in volunteer bonding day which happened 2 months ago, but they were always in a different group as me and circumstances didn't really allow me to interact with them).
I found their Instagram account just with a brief search of their name about a few days after the interview, but I did not request to follow them or direct message them to introduce myself, mainly because I felt like I would be labelled in their mind as a stalker and also directly telling them I had a platonic crush on them would be too awkward without a face-to-face interaction.
How do I approach them (be it physically or online) and convey to them that they are my platonic crush and whether we can get to know each other better?
- I have no clue if they remember me from the interview.
- We volunteer at the organisation once a week, and there is just a slim chance that I am able to spot them at the volunteering venue (the venue is rather huge and crowded).
- My only way of interaction with them outside of the volunteering venue is through their Instagram account.
- The use of the singular 'they' in this question suggests that gender does not play a part in any possible interactions I may have with them.
- A platonic crush is a desire to get to know the other party more and want a close relationship with them, but without a romantic or sexual attraction towards them. Basically something like a "good-friend crush".