Since probably 6 months ago, I've been dating with a girl (let's call her Emilia) who has BF, (we are in our mid twenties, both from USA) and she told that me since the beginning and I agreed. So we have continued seeing each other in secret.
I avoided the subject of her BF for some time until I decided to talk about that with her, I wanted to know where I was, I mean, I would like to be more formal with her and at some point she needs to take a decision, yet, she does not like to talk very much about that, I have tried asking directly things like :
- "I really would like to be with you 100%, why don't you leave him and try with me?"
- "I can't understand why is so difficult for you to leave that guy"
- "do you think we will have a chance for us someday?"
But I usually receive vague answers like "I don't know", "is more difficult than you think", and sometimes she gets angry about the situation.
What I would like is to find an effective way to get a genuine answer about if she wants to break her relationship or not.
Please let me know if you need more details.
Answer to some of the questions you posted:
How long has she been with her boyfriend?
- 6 months (same time with me)
Is it a long-distance relationship?
- No, we live in the same city.
Does he know her parents?
- Yes, he already meet her friends & family
Is there suspicion of violence in case she breaks up?
- Not sure, she has not mentioned nothing about violence.
Could she be pregnant?
- I don´t think so, she told me she has never had sex with him, I have my own doubts about this.
Is he suicidal?
- Not sure, the only thing she has mentioned has been is he is very emotional
would you also be ok if she had a relationship with someone else while you were formally dating?
- Of course not, even tough the possibilities are higher than normally would be, at least I want to try.
Does the other guy know about me?
- Of course not.
Important to mention
We work on the same place, I am talking just about Emilia & me.