Okay, so our coaching has a discussion forum for all members to post questions related to our studies. The group is on Telegram, where I'm registered with a gender-neutral username and a profile pic of a dragon. Most people there assume I'm a guy (I'm not) and I find it okay. There are VERY few girls in the group, and most of them don't chat either. The problem is I texted one girl privately, wanting to ask for help, but she called me out publicly in the main group chat telling me not to text her and blocked me. I think she did this because she thought I was a boy, trying to hit on her or something? I am quite embarrassed and want to clear up:
- that I was not hitting on her, and
- I just needed help.
I want her to take the message down so that my teachers do not think bad of me, also I realized I should have not texted her.
I'm not sure if clarifying my gender would help. How can I apologize and ask her to take the message down?
If it helps, most people are between 15-17 years of age except for two teachers.
Edit: Some useful context:-
- This was the first time I texted her.
- I want her to delete the message because some people in the group react quite horribly and tease a lot.
- The group is not moderated by teachers. They just help solve the doubts.
- I have already apologized to her both in private and the group chat. I thought she'd take down the message after that, but she didn't.
- I do not know who she is IRL. I have no other way of contacting her except through the group chat.