Events: I matched with a woman on Facebook dating, had a short chat with long delay between messages, but all seemed very enthusiastic. In the end she agreed to have a beer with me, I suggested a day 5 days from that and she excitedly agreed, saying we'll talk about the details. Day before the beer I messaged her about the place and time. That was last of our communication.
Extra thoughts that made me ask this:
- Facebook dating messages have weird notifications that come with other facebook notifications, can be missed. Also I constantly have red "1" on the Dating icon, even though when I get inside I don't see anything new most of the time.
- I didn't write anything for 4 days, which maybe made her think I ghosted her and gave up on checking messages
- It took her few hours or half a day to answer first messages, but answers were always full sentences and seemed like she's interested
My actual question: How can I proceed with this conversation, idealy rescheduling the date, or at least getting some conclusion other than ghosting?
I'm considering some options but they have some pros and cons and I don't know how to wage them, so ideal answer would either find a solution with lowest amount of cons, or explain why my cons aren't that serious.
- Message her asking what happened, why didn't she answer
Pros: direct; Cons: very confrontational, seems rude, if it was a mistake it will be rude, if it was a way to get out of the date it doesn't seem to leave her a way to do it again safely without just ghosting me again
- Just send a neutral message, ask how she is or something like that
Pros: it gives her another chance to see messages if she missed it first time; Cons: seems very weird
- Give up on it
Pros: if she really ghosted me it ends the problem; Cons: If it was a mistake she might not see my message at all. If she notices later she might not just message me again if I don't start conversation again.
Culture is from the balkans, involved people are around 30