From time to time I go out with my friends and their partners (or even at work during lunch time), and sometimes my love life is brought into the conversation (since I have the right age to start a family, and I am the only single of the group).
I perfectly know that it's only small talks, but each time I give an answer it takes a bunch of time to change the topic. Is there any tactics to change the subject quickly (and possibly not brutally)?
For the moment I tried the following scenario:
- Telling the raw truth (which lead to a bunch of questions)
- Faking a nonunderstanding (then they usually insist)
- Faking a nonhearing (same result)
- Avoiding the question with a neutral joke (I would not say a thing until I talk to a lawyer)
- Avoiding the question with a depreciative joke (Do you have some friend to get rid off?)
 My friends know perfectly how sensitive it is for me, so it's basically their partners or my colleagues