So, I've been in a bit of a situation recently: one of my co-workers (female, I'm male btw) started flirting with me. It started with her throwing things like "hey, beautiful", and I took it as a joke. But she became more and more pushy, and it is now a situation where it is a problem for me on several levels.
As asked, here are a few example of her behavior:
- Comments on my appearance, things like "Hey beautifull" or "Nice ass"
- Unwanted physical contact, things like touching my leg, pressing herself against me
What I have tried so far (chronological order):
- Be clear about my lack of interest in her.
- Tell her that I have a girlfriend, and therefore am not "available"
- Get angry at her when she behaves that way
- Talk about it to her husband, who doesn't seem to care
- Complain to our manager AND police, and they basically told me to "suck it up"
What I can't do
I can't ask to be put in another team, nor can I avoid her at the workplace (I'm working at a company of 5 people).
I cannot quit my job, at least not for now - due to many personal reasons quitting now would be problematic, and I don't think I'll be able to quit before 10+ months.
Any 'eye for an eye' tactics, violence, etc are not acceptable, for obvious reasons.
Is there any way to get her to stop her behaviour?